Although social justice art is not a topic exclusive to the 20th and 21st centuries, the distribution of information regarding controversial art with gender, race, sexual, and/or environmental themes has increased with the proliferation of media. Choose an example of a social justice work of art from the 20th or 21st centuries from any discipline of the humanities (music, literature, sculpture, film, television, etc.). Then, address the following:Identify the work and the medium.Based on your example, to what extent does this work of art make a social contribution?What aesthetic value does the work have? How does it reflect the human condition? How does it relate to your life?Has this work ever been censored? If so, explain the circumstances.Are governments ever justified in censoring art? Why or why not?Examine some of the influences of this work of art. What was the public reaction to this work? Does it effectively portray its message?Argue whether or not this work should be considered art. Explain why using terms learned in this course.Include an accompanying statement from the artist(s) and a statement from a critic to support your points.Writing Requirements (APA format)Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page or references page)1-inch marginsDouble spaced12-point Times New Roman fontTitle pageReferences page (minimum of 1 scholarly source and 1 primary source)GradingThis activity will be graded based on the W7 Essay Grading Rubric.Course Outcomes (CO): 2, 4, 6Due Date: By 11:59 p.m. MT on SundayFile UploadGoogle DriveUpload a file, or choose a file you’ve already uploaded.
- Respond to the post: Prompt#1 – Consider ways in which criminal anthropology, p
- Please provide (1) two links to articles that outline how marketing a service di
- Need an outline for this 4-5 page paper: Children and adolescents are inundated
- Discuss the concept of negligence and intentional torts and give examples of the
- Find two different online IQ tests (there are a lot out there–don’t pay!). If y