MGN431: Strategic Human Resource Development- Needs Analysis Assignment Help
Description of the task:
Both parts of the assessment in this unit relate to an organisational case study. You will be provided with relevant
materials about an organisational case study. The case study will outline current challenges facing the particular
organisation and/or industry sector. You will use this information to examine how what we are learning in this unit
applies in the real world. Your aim is to identify the key organisational issues and assess what the implications are for the development of human resources in the case organisation. You should look carefully at the criteria for this assessment as it requires you to demonstrate firstly your understanding of contemporary HRD issues, before secondly applying this knowledge to the case organisation. You will present your analysis as a written report and discuss your findings in class.
Steps in the process:
1. During the workshop in Week 4, the case study information will be discussed in detail, with the focus being on
exploring the HRD needs that the business needs to address.
- You will then conduct your strategic HRD needs analysis as the first Assessment Item. You consider the business
requirements and determine what the strategic HRD needs are in this organisational case study. Your analysis of
needs is based on your understanding of the material covered in the unit, and your understanding of the case
- Your report needs to demonstrate your understanding of contemporary HRD issues (covered in the first four weeks), and the application of this knowledge to identify relevant strategic HRD needs in the case organisation.
- In the Week 8 workshop, you will be asked in small groups to discuss the key issues you identified in your needs
analysis and present them in an informal discussion. This will give you a chance to hear what other students thought
about the case and to consolidate our understanding of the identified needs. This will help you in your preparation
for the second assessment item.
- Your assignment will be marked and feedback will be published in ReView when completed. Further details on
ReView will be given in the workshop and on the Blackboard site.
You are writing the analysis for presentation to the HRD Manager in your case organisation. This means you do not need to describe the organisation in detail but you can provide a brief overview and summary of the key issues to show the HRD Manager that you understood their business.
This is a report to a manger in a business environment and therefore you should use a report style (for general
information on writing reports refer to http://www.citewrite.qut.edu.au/write/repor
Comments are closed.