- Please familiarise yourself with the EIT Academic Honesty and Misconduct Policy, in order to understand your requirements and responsibilities as a student of EIT.
- Please refer to our Assessment, Moderation and Student Progress Procedure for information relating to Extension requests should be submitted to your LSO at least 3 days prior to the due date.
- Assessments submitted via email will not be
- Assessments must be submitted through Turn-it-in (unless otherwise stated). Your submission must:
- Be a single document (Word or PDF only)
- Include at least 20 words of machine-readable text, and
- Not exceed
- You must use the provided assessment cover page available on your Moodle student homepage. Submissions without a cover page will not be accepted.
- You must correctly title your document/s. For example:
- You must reference all content used from other sources including course materials, slides, diagrams, Do not directly copy and paste from course materials or any other resources. Refer to the referencing section of the EIT eLibrary on Moodle for referencing guides.
- It is your responsibility to check that you have submitted the correct file, as revised submissions are not permitted after the due date and time.
Important note: Failure to adhere to the above may result in academic penalties. Please refer to the unit outline or EIT Policies and Procedures for further information.
Question 1: (80 marks)
[≈ 2500 words]
You are the project manager for a 3000 m2 warehouse construction project.
- Describe the major tasks in this project. Note that the tasks include construction, instrumentation, mechanical, electrical, etc. (10 marks)
- As a group of delegates, share your profiles. Now you have to assign tasks to members of the group. Motivate your choices. (10 marks)
- Estimate the major costs in the You may do internet research here. (5 marks)
- Estimate the completion time of the You may do internet research here. (5 marks)
- Provide an estimate at 90% confidence for cost and duration by considering distributions of individual costs and durations. Think of using Monte Carlo simulation. You can suppose normal distributions here. (10 marks)
- Evaluate the operational risks of the warehouse and propose mitigation plans. (10 marks)
- The land should be purchased before initiating the construction Clearly, you want to obtain the best deal from a seller with the best incentives from local municipalities. Explain your negotiation strategy. (10 marks)
- Suppose that there is a choice to make between three lands to purchase. Land-A purchase price is $200K. Land-B purchase price is $160K but there is a 20% chance that some extra administrative tasks at a cost of $50K will be needed. Land-C purchase price is $140K but there is an 50% chance that you need to construct a road with an estimated cost of $80K. Develop a decision tree to estimate the final expected costs for each of the lands. Which land you would recommend? (10 marks)
- You have to share documents with your team and other stakeholders. Create a shared folder where you can store files and provide the link so that someone who has the link can view and edit some of the files. You can use any platform that you are familiar with such as Google, Dropbox, Microsoft, (10 marks)
Question 2: (20 marks)
[≈ 700 words]
Think of a process that you can improve. The process can be any personal or professional process. Use DMAIC to improve it.
- Define step (4 marks)
- Measure step (6 marks)
- Analyse step (4 marks)
- Improve step (4 marks)
- Control step (2 marks)
Comments are closed.