National Institute of Business Management
Chennai – 020
FIRST SEMESTER EMBA/ MBA
Subject : Organizational Behaviour
Attend any 4 questions. Each question carries 25 marks
(Each answer should be of minimum 2 pages / of 300 words)
1. Describe Interpersonal roles.
Answer: As a manager, your interpersonal roles will be dictated by the type of position you hold.
Lower level managers will have different interpersonal roles than middle management.
The same goes for upper management as well.
The interpersonal roles of a manager
2. Explain the major personality attributes Influencing Organizational Behaviour.
1. Authoritarianism: It was developed by the psychologist Adorno to measure susceptibility to autocratic, fascistic, or anti-democratic appeals. It was later extended to human personality. Authoritarians are oriented towards conformity of rules and regulation. They prefer stable and structured work environment. They believe obedience and respect for authority and blind acceptance of authority. They are conservatives. They are concerned with toughness and power, close minded and less educated. They make good followers, work better under directive supervision and are more productive within authoritarian organizational structure.
2. Bureaucratic Personality: The
3. What is matching personalities and jobs? Discuss.
Answer: Personality-job fit theory argues that organizations and individuals have specific personality traits, and when organizations’ employees share their traits, the organization is more productive and employees are more satisfied. Explore the definition of personality-job fit theory and using traits to predict
4.How do we learn? Three theories have been offered to explain the process by which we acquire patterns of behavior. Explain each theory.
5. Explain the link between perception and individual decision-making.
Answer: Perception is the process of gathering, organizing, and interpreting of sensory information in order to represent and understand the presented information or the environment. Decision making is the process of identifying and choosing alternatives based on the values, performance, and beliefs of the decision maker.
Why is it Important?
Because people’s behavior is based on their perception of what reality is, not on reality itself. The world that is perceived is the world that is behaviorally important.
6.Describe Hierarchy of Needs Theory