National Institute of Business Management
Chennai – 020
FIRST SEMESTER EMBA/ MBA
Subject : Human Resources Management
Attend any 4 questions. Each question carries 25 marks
(Each answer should be of minimum 2 pages / of 300 words)
1. Explain the three main categories of Human Resource Management Functions.
Answer: Human Resource Management is a management function concerned with hiring, motivating, and maintaining the workforce in an organization. Human resource management deals with issues related to employees such as hiring, training, development, compensation, motivation, communication, and administration. Human resource management ensures the satisfaction of employees and a maximum contribution of employees to the achievement of organizational objectives.
2. What are the Behavioural sciences input/ contribution to WPM?
3. Explain the salient features of Quality circle,
Answer: Quality circle is defined as a group of workers, who work voluntarily to improve and develop products in an organization related to the production process, material wastage, quality of finished, semi-finished goods and raw materials, energy consumption, maintenance, safety, and delay.
Theoretically, quality circles are groups
4. The demands of workplace functioning have prompted Organisations to experiment with other forms of participation.Explain.
5. What are the benefits and drawbacks of MBO programs? Explain.
Answer: Management by objectives is a style of management that prioritizes setting, tracking and achieving goals for every employee to complete company-wide goals. This type of management emphasizes planning and personal responsibility for employees.
It also encourages collaboration between
6. Explain the Characteristics of a good Training Programme
Answer: Whether you’re training new hires or building the skillsets of existing employees, the quality of your training program will have a major impact on the outcome. An effective program can lead to increased productivity, customer satisfaction, and more; an ineffective one, however, can cost you time and money without