Subject : Marketing Management
Attend any 4 questions. Each question carries 25 marks
(Each answer should be of minimum 2 pages / of 300 words)
1. Write an essay on “Marketing is based on the concept that the customer is the most important person to the company”.
2. Explain why purchasing is regarded as a very important management function in many organizations.
Answer : Purchasing is the first phase of Materials Management. Purchasing means procurement of goods and services from some external agencies. The object of purchase department is to arrange the supply of materials, spare parts and services or semi-finished goods, required by the organisation to
3. Explain the use of marketing models that has been used in the study of consumer behaviour.
Answer : Consumer behavior models are instrumental for understanding how, when, and why your customers buy. By applying the models to your customer acquisition efforts, you can accurately predict who will buy your product and target the right customers at the right time.
4. What is the importance of Pricing in a company? Explain.
Answer : Everything you need to know about the importance of pricing. Pricing decisions can have very significant consequences for the organization
It is one of the first considerations for many customers and it determines the profit margin on products.
Pricing is one of the significant elements of the marketing mix, if late, it has come to occupy the centre stage in marketing wars.
5. What are the unique characteristics of Service Marketing? Explain.
Answer : Services are a special form of product which consists of activities, benefits or satisfactions offered for sale. These are intangible and do not result in the ownership of anything.
Services are often contrasted to products. In the most common understanding, a product is tangible, meaning it can be touched or felt. A service on the other side would be intangible. However, this distinction is not fully correct. What we should actually compare a service to is labelled a good. While a good is something
6. Explain the techniques and methods for designing organisation structure.