swer each of the questions below:
- Describe the difference between a locally hosted service (ie. in an enterprise data centre) and a service provided using an SaaS provider. What are the critical points, other than cost, that an enterprise would need to consider in choosing to migrate from a locally hosted service to an SaaS service. Your description should take no more than two to 3 pages.
- Describe the difference between locally hosted infrastructure (ie. in an enterprise data centre) and infrastructure provided using an IaaS provider. What are the critical points, other than cost, that an enterprise would need to consider in choosing to migrate from local hosted infrastructure to an IaaS service provider. Your description should take no more than two to 3 pages.
- DTGOV, the department in our case study, wants to investigate moving to a service based model where many of its services would be supplied to its clients as a service, in addition to its plans to move to an IaaS model (See the DTGOV Roadmap and Implementation Strategy (Erl, Mahmood, & Puttini, 2013, p. 19)). There are a number of infrastructure models that could possibly be used to achieve this. Some of these models are:
- Local hosted infrastructure and applications;
- Local hosted infrastructure with some SaaS applications;
- Hybrid infrastructure (some locally hosted infrastructure with some IaaS) and applications;
- Hybrid infrastructure and applications with some SaaS applications;
- Full IaaS model with some with SaaS apps;
- Full SaaS model.
You are required to choose an infrastructure model that you think will achieve the DTGOV Roadmap;
Describe the benefits and drawbacks, excluding costs, of your chosen infrastru
Comments are closed.