Write a one (1) to two (2) page double-spaced, 12 font, Times New Roman, word processed paper based on your quitting experience reflection and your own operating theory of addiction. This paper must have three parts: an ‘Introduction’ heading to introduce the topic, a ‘Main Points’ heading where the key points are discussed (nature of addiction and two or more questions answered), and a ‘Conclusion’ heading to summarize what was learned.
A. Give up something that you do on a daily basis (currently). It can be as simple as brushing your teeth with your left hand (that is if you are a righty) or stop smoking, drinking coffee, soda, checking facebook, etc. Be creative; do not stress yourself out too much, however, do make it meaningful. I am not asking you to write about prior addiction experiences-those papers will not be accepted. The quitting paper must be on a current habit, as of this semester, Fall 2021.
B. Using your quitting experience and the readings, respond to number one (1) below and two (2) more of the following:
1. Do you think addiction is a behavioral, psychological, genetic, environmental, culturally based disease or affliction?
2. Do people with mental health issues have more addiction issues?
3. Do people with a childhood or adult trauma history have more addiction issues?
4. Do genetics play a role in addiction?
5. Do other compulsive behaviors constitute an addiction, such as gambling, shopping, etc?
6. Does culture influence or ‘cause’ addiction?